Monday, January 12, 2009

2 Sketches 4 U - Laura 17

Happy, happy Monday everyone!!
I've had a rather productive day
getting housework accomplished,
& family & scrapping time.
I made the mistake of going to Michael's today.
I was vowing not to buy any new scrap supplies this year.
I have way more then I'd ever use in, probably 5-years,
but nonetheless, I walked out with $80.00 worth of stuff.
I was so excited,
that I came home & started creating!!
This first card is using the current Laura 17 sketch.
This is using some of Making Memories new Sabrina line.
I could have bought everything in this line,
but I refrained.
The flowers are Petaloo
& the label is from another of their past lines.

This next card is using a sketch for their Spring dt call.
Since I'm not trying out,
I'm posting my card now:)
Now, I absolutely LOVE this card
& I had to go & mess it up.
The paper is Studio Calico
but the label & letters are new Colorbok
& the bird, flower & tiny alphabet stickers
are Making Memories new Chloe's Closet.
Well, I don't like the bird with this card,
at all!!!!
I attempted to remove it using Undo,
but couldn't get all the adhesive off,
so I stuck the dern thing back on.
I think I'm gonna cut the top of the card off.
I really hate to do it,
but I think the bird really makes it look cheesy.
The sentiment is supposed to read:
"you are dear sweet friend"
NOT, "you are a dear sweet friend,"
but after much contemplation,
I realize people might think I forgot the "a",
so I went back & added one.
So, I'll be taking another picture as soon as I chop off the bird*hehe*

I did have another layout to show also,
but it seems I deleted it from my camera
before I could download it,
so that will wait until tomorrow.
I've also started a card using the other dt sketch
& am hoping to have that done too!!

I'll be helping in Ashlyn's school tomorrow
& maybe going by JoAnn's and/or Hobby Lobby.
I hope you have a wonderful day!!

21 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Dawne I am happy and sad all at the same time! Your cards are stunning!!! Really your work is just beautiful! Worth all $80 and more! I am so sad you are not applying:(
Thanks for playing!
Laura

papertrails leaver said...

Oh my! Glad you had a fun shopping trip! Envious of you! I love both of your cards. Still wondering why you are not trying out because you do such beautiful work! really like the soft colors and the argyle print on the first and the second is eclectic! Very nice!

Riina said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! :)

- Rhynah

Smita said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawne!!

Love,
Smita.

Unknown said...

Fabulous take on Laura's sketch, love the color combo!!

Joke said...

Are you sure you won't give it a try? I think you should be in the 2s4y DT.
Anyway, I love your cards. You are very talented.

Pam said...

I really like both your cards, and I can so relate to your shopping adventure. I always leave with way more than I need!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Your cards are gorgeous!!

Lea L. said...

Both cards are super sweet...I especially love the deer card!! Wonderful job with both sketches!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

The card you created for this week's sketch is stunning! I really love those colors! The DT sketch card is super cute...even with the bird! (-;

Cindy Lee said...

I love both your cards! They are very beautiful!

sunshinecardsandjewelry said...

http://sunshinecardsandjewelry.blogspot.com/Your cards are so beautiful.

Allison said...

both your cards are gorgeous
AllisonX

Savitri said...

How gorgeous! Just love the cards!!!

Kristen Swain said...

both cards are so wonderful! you should totally try out for the team!~
great work!
kris

Peet said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Dawne!!!

Erum Tasneem said...

loove em!
Hugs from Pakistan!
VIBGYOR Krafts

Tamaroo said...

Your cards are so creative! They are beautiful!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, especially love the first one its so pretty.

Simply Shaz said...

Gorgeous cards! Love them both. The first is my fave, it is stunning :)
Shaz x

Martha said...

Love your work! Beautiful card!!
Martha

Thanks for visiting!!

Free Web Hit Counter