Monday, April 2, 2007

A new day

brings new blessings & that is one thing I know for sure.

Baby Colby passed away Saturday night. The family decided to donate his internal organs to another little boy. Because of their selfless actions, the other little boy will live. The Kelly family is holding strong to their Christian faith & in the end, that's all we really have. Not sure when the funeral will be, but I continue to pray for this family. I think tougher times are still ahead.

On a more positive note, I made the Design Team for http://www.scrapfabulous.com/designTeam.htm! Stoked? Uh..........ya.........just a little!! Check me & the great new team out. I'm even more excited one of my very best friends, LaTonya Boike, is also on this team. We've been wanting to be on a team together for a while now, so this is just icing on the cake for me. My term at AMM ended March 31st, so this is very exciting for me. If you haven't checked out ScrapFabulous, I encourage you to. We'll have a digi section for you digi scrappers & we currently have, Amy (mac), who is an awesome digi/hybrid/paper scrapper to head this department up. There is also a Contest & Challenge, so be sure to check those out in the "CHALLENGES" section. There are prizes & RAKS involved with both of these, so I hope to see your creations.

Ashlyn starts her Stanford 9 testing at school this week. I'm so nervous for my little girl. She's been studying hard for months on this test & I totally dislike how our school system has become so consumed in these tests. The teachers hate they can't just come to school & "teach" the kids & I, as a parent, hate the added stress it adds to the life of a mere 1st grader. She's not supposed to have homework for the next 2 weeks, but her teacher has already informed me that we need to work with her on her paragraph writing skills. YEP, you read correctly.....1st graders writing paragraphs!! They're just learning to spell & read for goodness sake!!! So, I'm anxious to see how her first day goes!!

I hope everyone has a great Monday & a very blessed week. I know I will:)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah Dawne! Congrats on the new gig! You so deserved it!

Karan said...

Congrats to you Dawne!!! cant wait to start working and designing with you!!!

Thanks for visiting!!

Free Web Hit Counter