
The other day I was reading Cathy Zielske's blog, because I love too. She made a point that hit straight home for me....made me stop & really assess why I scrapbook.
I love to create beautiful works of art.......at least beautiful to me! Things that make me smile & look pretty on my walls. But, what is the purpose of these pretty works of art? As I'm attempting to scrap this photo tonight, I'm in awe of this gorgeous smile & how happy she looks. Then I remember why she's so happy.......we were at Coach-n-Four, a local restaurant, and they were singing happy birthday to her. I think this is the first time she's ever had that done to her in public & you can tell by the look on her face that's she's thoroughly enjoying herself. THIS, my friends, is what I should be recording. THIS memory of a special moment for my girl. THIS moment that she can look back on & tell her kids.
Why are you scrapping? Are you taking pictures of special moments & then scrapping them to look pretty? Or are you scrapping them to record the memories behind them? I won't always be around to tell my girls about their childhood & I want them to know how loved they were & the good times we had together. I can do this with my scrapbooking, but only if I record the memories.
I think you get the jest. At least I did...............THANKS Cathy Z.......just another reason I love your style!
2 comments:
That is a wonderful photo! And you have a terrific bunch of thoughts there! I need to think like that too! So thanks Dawne and Cathy Z! ;)
hey! I'm CZs #1 fan!
Have you read big picture scrapbooking? great book. Makes you think about why we scrap. For me its just to create, I don't do it to be "caught up" or anything, I do it cos I love it. Its something I love to do. Simple.
great layouts as always
Post a Comment