Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Card Patterns #9 & Use It & So Sketchy

While in San Destin,
I did visit Michael's
& a Scrapbook Warehouse.
I like to visit the Warehouse
for "necessity" items that I might buy in bulk,
since I'm getting such a good deal.
So, I picked up a ton of AC alphabet stickers
found me some newer Prima flowers*score*
& some Bazzill for cheap.
At Michael's,
I picked up these DCWV baby rub-ons.
Not sure why?
But I think it's because I like the colors?
It perfectly matched the ribbon & paper
I got in my monthly Label Tulip kit.

For this layout,
I used a So Sketchy layout sketch,
& combined it with a Use It Challenge #5 by Lori Roop.
The Use It challenge was to use the following:
a) an old scrapbook die - Scenic Route arrow- Loveland collection(old:)
b) old piece of patterned paper - Creative Imaginations (at least 2-years old?)
c) bring back an old technique- for me that's sewing w/my machine instead of by hand
d) something bought on clearance - the SR chipboard letters(got them on clearance)

Did some errands this morning,
then came home to get some sun.
Had a box of scappy goodness land on my porch today,
so I'm off to see what I can create:)
I hope your day is as beautiful & blessed as mine!!

9 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

enjoy your box of goodies! Your card is really cute! Like the sheer journal piece you used. Also like all the fun embellies you added to the bottom of the card.

Ingrid said...

Wow.....your card is beautiful, Dawne. Thanks for playing along with us.

Unknown said...

gorgeous card & layout dawne!! thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
hugs~
rae

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous Dawne! Love them both!

Thi P. said...

Your card is so cute, I like it a lot!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Beautiful LO too!

Tonya said...

Your card is so lovely...I like those baby word rub-ons...but my favorite is the ribbon up top of the card...very pretty.

Your LO is fantastic! Great way to use your stash. The journaling is really cool inside the circle like that.

whoistracy said...

Dawne, this is a gorgeous take on the sketch! Love the soft springy colors you used. So glad you could join us again.

Katie said...

Gorgeous take on the CP sketch! I love that ribbon :)

Katie

Thanks for visiting!!

Free Web Hit Counter