Tuesday, July 8, 2008

2 Sketches 4 U Kazan #4 & Pencil Lines 92

Just a few things I've gotten done the past 3 days.
The latest sketch for 2 Sketches 4 U - Kazan's Sketch #4.
I'm so lovin' my K&Co stuff, especially the 4x6 pads. Perfect for card-making. In case you can't read the sentiment, it says "Happy New Year." I started off w/a simple sentiment, but the colors screamed New Year's Eve, so I quickly thought of my Heidi Swapp clocks.

2 Sketches is having a design team search & they've posted 2 sketches for the call. I won't be trying out, but I'm hoping to use the sketches later this week...maybe even today:) Good luck to all who enter. So much talent to be found at this wonderful site.


This layout was done using Pencil Lines #92. Using some more of my K&Co Wild Saffron line & a 2005 picture of Ashlyn. This was a very simple layout for me, except hand-cutting the flourishes.....that always takes time.



In other news, we'll be headed to Destin this Friday. My sister & her family will be coming down from KS & we'll be visiting w/them all next week. I'm pretty excited to see them and my 4 nieces!! WOW.....talk about a lot of girls!! 6 girls cousins & my sister & I? Whew......I feel sorry for my bil!!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far. The weather is so hot outside, so try to stay cool:)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this is an awesome interpretation of this weeks sketch - so different and striking - Love it Dawne :0

marcibun said...

Love the card, really interesting twist on the sketch!

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the sketch - love it
kath
xxx

Lori K said...

Love your take on the sketch! Great LO too.

Lisa said...

Super creative! I like the numbers...but I'm mathy!

Eveline said...

Love it.
Eveline.

Tracey said...

Very striking card :-)

Sue said...

Really great and brill idea:-)

Sue
xx

Laura said...

Love the take on the sketch, Wild Saffron is my current fav paper.

domestic goddess said...

love your layout form this weeks PL sketch, thanks for taking part
anna x

Lea L. said...

Love what you did with that card!! It looks awesome! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

Very Creative Lady!!

Peet said...

Wow, I love this! such a great idea, Dawne!!!

Thanks for visiting!!

Free Web Hit Counter