Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2 Sketches 4 U - Kazan 14 sketch

I feel like I'm back in the saddle again.
I didn't realize how bad my computer was until now.
Things are running so fast & I'm lovin' it.
I've had a rather productive day today,
getting carpet steamed cleaned, showers cleaned,
some homeschooling done, programs downloaded,
homemade hot chocolate made
and both sketches at 2 Sketches 4 U finished.
The first card uses Kazan's Sketch 14.
I got my Label Tulip kit the other day
and I'm lovin' the combination of colors in this kit.
Lots of Maya Road & some Basic Grey & Fancy Pants papers.


This card uses Hanneke's bonus sketch.
I originally cut a similar shape on my Expression,
but then decided to use this 7Gypsies label sticker
& simply cut around it.
The card is actually small,
measuring only 3 1/4" long x 2 1/4" high.
I did cut the leaves with my Expression though.


I mentioned in my previous post about the beautiful
styrofoam snowflakes my friend made for me.
They own a business that cuts styrofoam
& she cut 3 different sizes.
Here's a picture

She's trying to make some extra money for Christmas.
If you'd be interested in having a set of 3 for $15.00+shipping,
please email me. I can also give you the dimensions at that time.
These are fairly thick too....I think she said 2"?
I plan on covering the front of mine with some glitter
& then using wire to hang them,
embellished with ornaments & ribbon.

On the eve of Thanksgiving, for us Americans,
I hope you have safe travels, many blessings
& a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend ahead of you.
No Black Friday shopping for me:)
Hoping to scrap & spend time with my girls though!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

these are both so gorgeous - glad to have you back - I could not imagine being without my computer so I am sure you are happy to have yours up and running too.
Have a great Thanksgiving
:) Kazan

Pam said...

Fabulous work, Dawne - I always enjoy seeing your take on the sketches!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards! Love what you did with both sketches!

papertrails leaver said...

Beautiful work you have done!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work, fabulous sketch cards this week! {glad to hear that your computer is back too!!}

Eveline said...

Beautiful cards.
Eveline.

Pam said...

Oh I so want some of those snowflakes! Way fun! Love your cards!

Katie said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Dawne!! I especially love your interpretation of Kazan's sketch!

Katie

Peet said...

they are both gorgeous, Dawne!!!

Kathryn said...

Wonderful cards -- !! :)

Thanks for visiting!!

Free Web Hit Counter