I'm not sure who coined the term "stay-at-home-mom,"
but I'm positive it was during the days of June Cleaver.
Yesterday marked my first "official" full-day as a stay-at-home-mom,
without the kids......they are both in school.
Do you think I got anything done?
That would be a "no."
I find myself wasting time.
Time that I regret I wasted later:)
Camryn is doing fine.
I picked her up Friday & found her crying.
It broke my heart!
We concluded she was ready to go home & missed us.
Yesterday she tells me she didn't cry,
but the teachers mentioned she did.
They called me last night to give me a progress report
And said she's doing just fine w/intermittent crying throughout the day.
That really does break my heart,
But she loves school & that does make it easier on me.
She's actually pretty eager in the mornings,
minus all the OCD issues with clothing:)
AND.......................................
I have an interview tomorrow with a real estate agent.
He "thinks" he needs an assistant
& only needs someone a couple hours a day.
That fits perfectly in with my schedule, as long as the pay is good.
We'll see how that turns out & my SAHM days might be over:(
But onto scrappy stuff.
I came to a mental block in my layouts,
so I did a card using the CPS #79.
From a little enabling from my good friend,
yesterday I purchased some $1.00 stamp sets @ JoAnns & wanted to use them.
My butterfly has french knots.
I was featured as a Fab 5 last week, which is an honor.
There is some seriously talented ladies who submit their work.
And I want to THANK everyone for their sweet comments.
I visit many of your blogs, but rarely leave comments.
It's not that I'm not inspired or drooling, that's just me:)
So, THANK YOU, for taking the time to leave me comments.
I do appreciate every one of them.
Here's my card using some more October Afternoon.
Just Let Me Scrapbook is also offering 35% off your ENTIRE purchase
until Labor Day!!
Just use coupon code LABOR08
This includes NEW items, SALE items & CLEARANCED items.
AND, last but not least, onto the RAK!!
I finally received my CARDS goodie box about 2 weeks ago.
I got 2 copies of the June magazine & only need one.
So, if you would like to receive a copy of this issue,
Please leave me a comment, by Wednesday 9:00 am CST & I'll draw a name.
Your chances will be good since I don't get much traffic.
Have a blessed Tueday!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
18 comments:
This is beautiful Dawne!!! I love your work:)
Laura
Beautiful card!!
Beautiful cards! And it didn't take much enabling ;) That smile stamp is actually the one L used on one of her cards that I have been procrastinating getting on my blog!
Gorgeous gorgeous work Dawne - love those October afternoon papers
Kath
xxxxx
Your cards from the sketches are great - love the CPS one!
The cards are beautiful!! I really like your card design for the 2s4y sketch.
Beautiful cards, I better get started on mine!
Both cards are so beautiful - love all the details and the butterflies! :)
Love both cards! I did butterflies too. Must be butterfly week :)
Beautiful!! Love your pp choices! YUM!! Thanks for playing with 2S4Y!
Beautiful cards!!
Love your cards this week. Reminds me that I should use more white. It has a really 'fresh' look.
Very, very pretty cards. Love the bling.
Really great looking card (again) this week. I love your design and put it in my BOS. Maybe you lost your mojo in layouts but certainly not in cards. Love the one with the french knots too. I used them last week too!
And your RAK seems perfect. Love Cards magazine but it is difficult to fing here.
Joke
Pretty cards! I love how you weaved the ribbon through the scalopped paper.
This is my first time on your blog ( I came upon it from CPS) and I love your work! The cards you made are wonderful! Great colors, great mix of papers and embellishments!
Beautiful cards! Found you through the CPS blog.
pretty use of the cps sketch!!
Post a Comment